Compressed Air System
Reduce Operating Costs
Compressed air systems hold the key to greater productivity, efficiency and profitability in your facility. Improperly maintained compressed air systems can cost your business reliable, quality air, with a significant impact on your operating expenses.
The good news? With a quick fixes, you can improve your system reliability, make it easier to operate, and maintain and reduce operating costs—and Ameren Illinois can help!
Cash incentives are available to you from the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program:
- No-Loss Condensate Drains — $400/Drain No-loss drains sense the presence of condensate and drain it only when necessary — with no loss of compressed air.
- High-Efficiency Air Nozzles - $60/Nozzle Easily installed on existing piping, high-efficiency nozzles offer a safer alternative to open blowing and drilled pipe and can cost up to seven times less to operate.
- Coalescing Filters - $450/Filter Coalescing filters remove particulates, oil and moisture, which lead to corrosion and scaling, affecting air quality and inducing a significant artificial demand on the compressors.
- VFD's, less than 40hp - $125/hp controlled - Variable Frequency Drives' vary your compressed air systems energy usage to match its actual, highly
variable, demand. This results in major savings, and avoided costs, for your facility.
- Custom Projects (other efficiency projects) - $0.12/kwh saved annually - Any improvement project that results in annual kwh savings is eligible for cash incentives. This could include any of the following common examples: >40hp compressor VFD's, high efficiency alternative dryers, master controls upgrades/re-staging/storage, right-sizing compressors, distribution system piping upgrades, system pressure/end use reduction, waste heat recovery, etc.
How to Get Cash Incentives
It’s simple to get started. Download the application guide and application and you can:
Get general information on the program
View answers to frequently asked questions
Get details on cash incentives
Apply for incentives (pre-approval required for Feasibility Study)
Submit required final paperwork to the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program