Business Smart Thermostat Incentives
Take Control. Get Cash Back.
Energy efficiency is easy when you install a smart thermostat. Many smart thermostat users experience energy savings of 10-15%. You can also get up to $100 cash back* from Ameren Illinois when you purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostat!
|Rebate Type & Description||Amount|
Replacing a manual or programmable thermostat
There are four ways to receive your rebate:
1. Ameren Illinois Business Online Store.
Business customers can purchase smart thermostats through our Ameren Illinois Business Online Store.
2. Get a Lighting Assessment.
A small business can receive a FREE smart thermostat after receiving a Lighting Assessment from a Program Ally or Small Business Energy Advisor. When you complete a Lighting Assessment through the Small Business offering, you will receive a coupon code for a FREE smart thermostat that can be redeemed on our Online Store!
3. Submit a standard Smart Thermostat Application.
Apply for up to 30 Smart Thermostats using this application! The $100/incentive per smart thermostat would come back to you as a one-time check. Submit your application today!
4. Submit a standard HVAC/Water Heater Application.
For requests greater than 30 smart thermostats, please use the Standard HVAC/Water Heater application to apply. Proper heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) are key to maintaining a comfortable and productive work environment. Collectively, these systems account for up to 40% of the energy used in businesses. Your organization can enjoy significant savings year after year with improvements to your HVAC system. Submit your application today!
* NOTE: Smart thermostat must be ENERGY STAR certified, internet-enabled, and have learning-capable features. Primary heating source must be supplied by Ameren Illinois, gas or electric. Thermostat rebates can only be offered while funds are available and may be suspended at any time. Call or see website to confirm funds availability and eligibility details. Limit one smart thermostat per eligible account number. In order to be eligible for more than one thermostat incentive, each thermostat must be connected to a separate, Ameren-sourced heating system.
To be eligible for the $100 rebate, your new thermostat must be:
- An ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat
- Purchased between Jan. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020
- Replacing a manual or programmable thermostat
- Used with a primary heating source supplied by an Ameren Illinois-delivered fuel, gas or electric
You must be a current Ameren Illinois electric or gas business customer. Application must be submitted within 30 days of purchase or by Dec. 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Manual Thermostats control your heating and air conditioning by allowing you to manually adjust the temperature.
- Programmable Thermostats enable you to schedule a program to control the temperature based on time of day and/or day of the week.
- Smart Thermostats are both internet-enabled and learning capable. What makes them "smart" is their ability to learn preferences and adjust the temperature depending on if employees are working in the building or it's after business hours. Internet connectivity allows you to control your smart thermostat from anywhere using your digital device.
- Save energy
Smart thermostats save money by encouraging the use of energy-saving settings. Allowing the thermostat to manage the building's climate will help you save on energy costs. Some models notify you of energy-saving behaviors and provide tips in easy-to-read monthly energy reports to help you achieve even better energy savings.
- Monitor your business
With a smart thermostat, you can easily check the companion app from anywhere to see if your air conditioning or heat is running and at what temperature. And — as long as you have your mobile device handy — you can adjust your thermostat from anywhere.
- Eliminate errors
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and preferences. Allowing the thermostat to handle lowering and raising the temperature while your employees come and go makes it easy to be energy efficient. Some smart thermostat models can even detect your presence or absence and adjust the temperature so don't have to worry about leaving the air conditioner or furnace running on high while you are away.
- Simplify programming
Smart thermostats are easy to use and program, thanks to their user-friendly screens and companion apps.
Discover how Crossbridge Chuch reduced their annual energy usage, thanks to several different types of projects — including interior lighting upgrades and installing smart thermostats.
Elmwood United Methodist Church
Learn how the Elmwood United Methodist Church saved more than $2,600 a year in heating and cooling costs after installing smart thermostats in their facility.
Find product models that qualify for the $100 smart thermostat rebate: