Property Management Incentives
If you own or manage a multifamily property serviced by Ameren Illinois, we have some great news for you — we may be able to help you start saving on energy costs!
What type of properties are eligible?
- Multifamily properties containing (3) or more individual residential units
- Multifamily properties with a high number of income-eligible customers
- Public housing authorities
Qualifying facilities may be eligible to receive:
- FREE Energy-Saving Products
We’ll give you energy efficiency products for each unit, such as LEDs, showerheads, aerators, advanced power strips, and smart thermostats — plus, LED light bulbs at no cost for your common areas.
- Air Sealing and Insulation Incentives
You can also receive financial incentives for air sealing and insulating the units, if your property meets certain requirements.
Does Your Multifamily Property Qualify?
A qualifying multifamily facility:
- Has less than 50% Ameren Illinois income-qualified (IQ) residents
- Is any other multifamily property not designated as PHA or IQ
Offerings include in-unit and common area energy efficiency measures.
A qualifying income-qualified (IQ) multifamily facility:
- Has more than 50% Ameren Illinois income-qualified (IQ) residents
- Is a low-income multifamily housing facility (not PHA) and listed on the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Database (LIHTC) here
- Is a not-for-profit organization listed here
Offerings include in-unit, common area, and insulation and air sealing measures. Structures must be limited to 3 stories or fewer to be eligible for insulation and air sealing measures.
A qualifying PHA:
- Has a combined unit total of 550 or less public housing units and Section 8 vouchers
- Has not been designated "troubled" under Section 6(j)(2) of the 1937 Act, the Public House Assessment System (PHAS), as a troubled public housing agency during the prior 12 months
- Has not had a failing score under the Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) during the prior 12 months
Offerings include in-unit, common area, and insulation and air sealing measures (property must meet certain requirements to be eligible for insulation and air sealing measures).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I participate in the Ameren Illinois Multifamily Properties incentive offering?
If you own or manage a qualified property, the Multifamily Properties offering provides incentives to help you make money-saving upgrades to your property’s individual units and common areas. You may also qualify for direct installation assistance from Ameren Illinois — making it even easier for both you and your tenants to achieve energy savings.
What does the Multifamily Properties incentive offering cost me?
In most cases, nothing. The following energy efficiency products are provided at no cost to participating property owners and managers:
- High efficiency showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Advanced power strips
- Smart thermostats
COMMON AREA UPGRADES
Property owners may also be eligible to receive financial incentives from Ameren Illinois for air sealing and insulating the units (property must meet certain requirements).
This seems too good to be true. What's the catch?
There is absolutely no catch. Ameren Illinois' Multifamily Property incentives are designed to help participating property owners and/or managers offset most or all of the cost to install energy-efficient products in their property’s individual units and common areas.
For other energy efficiency measures, such as air sealing and insulation, the property owner may only be required to pay a fraction of the cost, while incentives covers the rest.