Let's Plan to Save Energy
Energy Efficiency Project Planning Resources
Start planning your 2018 projects and take advantage of some of our highest incentives ever.
Energy efficiency is a good investment, but where do you start? With a wide range of energy-efficient technologies and energy-saving opportunities available to businesses today, determining which projects to pursue is often the biggest challenge. Potential savings and project payback may vary based on factors such as type of facility, hours of operation, and age of equipment — among others. That's why we've pulled together the resources below to help you select, prioritize, and plan your projects so you can benefit from increased incentive levels in the upcoming program year.
Benchmarking & Comparison Tools
The Building Energy Asset Score is a free tool that generates a simple energy efficiency rating to enable comparison among buildings and can help you identify opportunities to invest in energy efficiency upgrades.
- Benchmarking will allow you to monitor progress as you complete energy-efficient upgrades.
- Preview and full versions are available. The more details you can provide, the more specific your report will be.
Simple Payback and Return-On-Investment Calculators
Advanced Energy Retrofit Guides
These guides present facility and energy managers with general project planning guidance as well as financial payback metrics for the most common energy efficiency measures, providing a practical roadmap for effectively planning and implementing performance improvements for existing buildings.
ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager
Energy Efficiency Tools and Resources
Efficiency NOW is an online web portal provided free of charge to all Ameren Illinois business customers that offers helpful energy efficiency tools and resources.
Get started with online registration at Efficiency NOW. Once account information is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent and you'll have access to the following tools:
- The Facility Assessment Wizard is a user-friendly, self-assessment tool requiring a minimal level of data and time to complete. You'll receive a full report including links to additional resources.
- The Commercial Energy Efficiency Recommendations page provides quick reference with general recommendations based on three inputs: Business Segment, Energy Use, and Climate Zone.
- The Lighting Calculator will show annual operating comparisons and savings based on simple inputs and straightforward drop-down options. Operating hours and electricity costs can be adjusted for customization.
Education & Training Events and Webinars
Visit our Education & Training webpage to learn about educational opportunities available to Ameren Illinois business and non-profit customers. From live training webinars and classroom events to our archive of past training webinars, our events are designed to help you learn about a variety of energy efficiency topics from industry experts.