Make an Energy Savings Splash
Pool Pump Incentives
It’s estimated that swimming pools account for as much as 17% of energy costs in homes. Swimming pools use energy in a variety of ways but you reduce your energy costs by taking steps to improve your pool’s efficiency. For example, replacing your existing pool pump with a variable-speed or multi-speed ENERGY STAR® certified pool pump can reduce your pool's energy use by as much as 75%.
Benefits of upgrading your pump:
- Save up to $300 annually in energy costs — that’s $3,000 over the life of the pump
- Use as little as one-third the electricity of single-speed pumps
- Variable-speed and multi-speed pumps operate more quietly and prolong the life of your pool's filtering system
Better yet, now you can receive generous cash incentives from Ameren Illinois for improving the efficiency of your pool — up to $400 per qualifying pump!
The eligibility requirements to receive the pool pump incentive are as follows:
- Must be current Ameren Illinois residential electric delivery service customer.
- Can be a new ENERGY STAR® certified variable speed or multi-speed pool pump replacing an existing single speed pump or a new installation.
- Must be installed on an existing in-ground pool.
- Limited to one pool pump rebate per household.
- Pool pump must be purchased and installed by Dec. 31, 2017.
- Application must be submitted within 30 days of purchase or by Dec. 31, 2017, whichever comes first.
- Rebate will not exceed the purchase price of the pool pump, excluding taxes, shipping and installation charges.
- Rebate eligibility requirements are subject to change without notice, including early termination of this promotion.