Residential Smart Thermostat Rebate
Take Control. Get Cash Back.
Energy efficiency is easy when you install a smart thermostat. The average home spends about $2,200 a year on utility bills, with about half of that going to heating and cooling. With the help of a smart thermostat, you can save up to $180 per year in energy costs. You can also get up to $100 cash back* from Ameren Illinois when you purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostat!
|Rebate Type & Description||Amount|
Replacing a manual or programmable thermostat
There are five ways to receive your savings:
1. Ameren Illinois Residential Online Marketplace.
Residential customers can purchase smart thermostats through our Online Marketplace, the Ameren Illinois Residential Online Marketplace.
2. Use our instant rebate portal.
Sign up to receive a $100 rebate coupon and redeem it with participating retailers at checkout to instantly save on select ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats. No waiting - just start saving!
3. Use the online or printable rebate form.
Purchase any ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat at the retailer of your choice. Send us the completed rebate form with purchase receipt and you'll receive your rebate check in 4-6 weeks.
5. Check your Smart Savers Eligibility.
You may be eligible for a free smart thermostats from the Ameren Illinois Smart Savers Initiative. Check your eligibility HERE.
* NOTE: Smart thermostat must be ENERGY STAR certified, internet-enabled, and have learning-capable features. Home’s primary heating source must be supplied by Ameren Illinois, gas or electric. Thermostat rebates can only be offered while funds are available and may be suspended at any time. Call or see website to confirm funds availability and eligibility details. Limit one rebate per household. Smart thermostat must be installed at the service address provided in the application.
To be eligible for the $100 rebate, your new thermostat must be:
- An ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat
- Purchased between Jan. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020
- Replacing a manual or programmable thermostat
- Used with a primary heating source supplied by an Ameren Illinois-delivered fuel, gas or electric
You must be a current Ameren Illinois electric or gas residential delivery service customer. Application must be submitted within 30 days of purchase or by Dec. 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Manual Thermostats control your heating and air conditioning by allowing you to manually adjust the temperature in your home.
- Programmable Thermostats enable you to schedule a program to control your home's temperature based on time of day and/or day of the week.
- Smart Thermostats are both internet-enabled and learning capable. What makes them "smart" is their ability to learn your preferences and adjust your home's temperature based on if you are home or away. Internet connectivity allows you to control your smart thermostat from anywhere using your digital device.
- Save energy
Smart thermostats save money by encouraging the use of energy-saving settings. Allowing your thermostat to manage your home's climate will help you save on energy costs. Some models notify you of energy-saving behaviors and provide tips in easy-to-read monthly energy reports to help you achieve even better energy savings.
- Monitor your home
With a smart thermostat, you can easily check the companion app from anywhere to see if your air conditioning or heat is running and at what temperature. And — as long as you have your mobile device handy — you can adjust your thermostat from anywhere.
- Eliminate errors
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and preferences. Allowing the thermostat to handle lowering and raising the temperature while you come and go makes it easy to be energy efficient. Some smart thermostat models can even detect your presence or absence and adjust the temperature so don't have to worry about leaving the air conditioner or furnace running on high while you are away.
- Simplify programming
Smart thermostats are easy to use and program, thanks to their user-friendly screens and companion apps.