Take Control. Get Cash Back.
Smart Thermostat Rebate
Energy efficiency is easy when you install a smart thermostat. The average home spends about $2,200 a year on utility bills, with about half of that going to heating and cooling. With the help of a smart thermostat, you can save up to $180 per year* in energy costs. You can also get up to $100 cash back from Ameren Illinois for the purchase of your new thermostat! Send us the completed rebate form, including the purchase receipt and proof of purchase (UPC code) from the original packaging, and you'll receive your rebate check in 4-6 weeks. It's that easy!
|Type & Description||Amount|
Replacing a manual or programmable thermostat
* NOTE: Smart thermostat must be ENERGY STAR® certified, internet-enabled, and have learning-capable features. Home’s primary heating source must be supplied by Ameren Illinois, gas or electric. Thermostat rebates can only be offered while funds are available and may be suspended at any time. Call or see website to confirm funds availability and eligibility details. Limit two rebates per household. In order to be eligible for more than one thermostat incentive, each thermostat must be connected to a separate, Ameren-sourced heating system.
To be eligible for the $100 rebate, your new thermostat must be:
- Smart (ENERGY STAR® certified), internet-enabled, and have learning-capable features
- Connected to a working Wi-Fi connection
- Purchased between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018
- Replacing a manual thermostat
- Used with a primary heating source supplied by an Ameren Illinois-delivered fuel, gas or electric
You must be a current Ameren Illinois electric or gas residential delivery service customer. Application must be submitted within 30 days of purchase or by Dec. 31, 2018, whichever comes first.
- Manual Thermostats control your heating and air conditioning by allowing you to manually adjust the temperature in your home.
- Programmable Thermostats enable you to schedule a program to control your home's temperature based on time of day and/or day of the week.
- Smart Thermostats are both internet-enabled and learning capable. What makes them "smart" is their ability to learn your preferences and adjust your home's temperature based on if you are home or away. Internet connectivity allows you to control your smart thermostat from anywhere using your digital device.
- Save energy
Smart thermostats save money by encouraging the use of energy-saving settings. Allowing your thermostat to manage your home's climate will help you save on energy costs. Some models notify you of energy-saving behaviors and provide tips in easy-to-read monthly energy reports to help you achieve even better energy savings.
- Monitor your home
With a smart thermostat, you can easily check the companion app from anywhere to see if your air conditioning or heat is running and at what temperature. And — as long as you have your mobile device handy — you can adjust your thermostat from anywhere.
- Eliminate errors
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and preferences. Allowing the thermostat to handle lowering and raising the temperature while you come and go makes it easy to be energy efficient. Some smart thermostat models can even detect your presence or absence and adjust the temperature so don't have to worry about leaving the air conditioner or furnace running on high while you are away.
- Simplify programming
Smart thermostats are easy to use and program, thanks to their user-friendly screens and companion apps.