AmerenIllinoisSavings.com Website and Mobile Application
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Ameren website (the “Website”) or mobile application (the "application") for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Ameren does not require that you register or provide information to generally view the Website or application. Registration may, however, be necessary to use certain areas of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or application, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or with the application, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Ameren has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Ameren has the right to suspend or terminate your registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website or application (or any portion thereof).
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, your computer can be identified by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. Ameren collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Website or application and to maintain and improve the Website and application. IP addresses may also be used to deliver information and marketing materials to your computer. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Website, the application, customers or others.
- WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Ameren collects the information described above via the Website or application. In the case of third party features such as links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Ameren is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General. Ameren uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and application, and to measure topics of interest. This allows Ameren to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website and application experience as well as provide you with information and marketing materials you may be interested in based on the information collected. Ameren Corporation may also use your email address to send you information about new features and services, to share information about energy conservation programs and to provide you with conservation tips, or to send you information about special offers from Ameren’s partners, unless you indicate on the registration screen that you do not wish to receive this type of information. We may also combine information obtained online (e.g. through registration as a customer, participation in social media and/or signing up for specific services or information) with other information we have obtained from or about you through other means (e.g. through our call centers) and maintain that information in your profile.
We might also use this information to respond to emails, provide customer support, enforce Terms and Conditions or other similar matters. Aggregate information is also used to help us run and maintain the Website and application, study traffic patterns and generally learn about the usage of the Website and application.
Unrelated Companies. Ameren occasionally provides limited customer information to companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. We also work with service providers and analytics companies (e.g. Webtrends) who help us to analyze traffic at an aggregate and/or individual level and help us understand user behavior and provide you and other users with information. We may share with third-party providers such as social media networks a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to help us measure and tailor the information and services provided to you.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
- CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of registration, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Website or application and about special offers from Ameren’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information.
It is important to know that you provide information to us through your activities in Ameren social media. You may provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your postings to a forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions) that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While we strive to protect our user's personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Ameren will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s prior consent. Ameren will also allow the parent or guardian of a registered user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Website or application. A child's personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult's information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child's information, please email Ameren at email@example.com.
- HOW YOU MAY ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your registration information, please log in your account at Ameren.com and go to the “Manage Profile” tab in our Customer Service Center. This will enable you to review and update any of your registration information.
- SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to protect the security of your personal data and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological, physical and procedural methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Ameren will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Learn more about Ameren’s security measures in this section of the website.